Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thing #15 - Library 2.0 / Web 2.0

You know the old saying "If I share and idea, and you share and idea, we now both have 2 ideas." ? Well, Web2.0/Library 2.0 makes me think of that. No one source is the authority on any one subject or idea. It's becoming a collaborative effort of many sources to provide up-to-date information to the masses. Additionally, sharing info and having ownership in something helps raise creativity, efficiency, and effectivenes.... esp if students are helping to create the very libraries they use every day. Each one leaves their own mark being in a collaborative effort to give something back to future classes.

I remember as a child I would pour over my encyclopedias for hours on end several nights a week and on weekends. I was a geek I know! I just loved the idea of learning all that new info and coming away smarter than I was 5 mins ago. Now, those encyclopedias are a thing of the past. I now tell my child to "google it" when he needs to research something. Now I might start telling him to "blog it" as well. LOL :)

No comments: