Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thing #17 - Wiki Sandbox

Here is the post I put in the Wiki Sandbox....

Okay.... I just had a brainstorm -- in Math we could use a Wiki for POTW!!! Post it and have the kids provide their discussions and answers. Wikis in math would also be good for projects. Instead of grading a million individual projects, have them work in groups and use the wiki as part of the platform. They could even present using their wiki. The poster just above me has great ideas... blog for assignments and student/parent comments and the google calendar as part of that blog as a visual timeline. Hmmmm.... I might have to try out those ideas and revamp my classroom website as well. Then link the blog to the wiki so all is collaborative and exciting!

I also like the idea of a sandbox in my own classroom wiki. Again, another way to add fun. The sandbox for play only.... no math... only APPROPRIATE subjects that students want to discuss. :)

No comments: