Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thing #22 - Nings

Okay. I love searching for education blogs. I actually starting reading various teacher blogs about 24 mos. ago. I was excited about TeacherLingo, but was disappointed w/ what I found there. I was looking for more middle/high school math teacher blogs. I like to engage in discussions on what kids lack, what works great,and NEW IDEAS!!! Some blogs are nothing but gripe sessions. I guess I will keep searching for great blogs to bookmark so I can get new ideas and share in good discussions.

I'm always wanting to know what/how other math teachers are doing what they are doing. I want to know more/do more in an effort to make my kids successes greater and my teaching "easier" if you will. Teaching is NOT easy, but effective teaching can make it FEEL easy.

1 comment:

arkreynolds said...

I too enjoy engaging in discussions about ways to help our students. I like to build on their abilities with new ideas. Maybe we can convince someone to start SB content area discussion blogs to share ideas. How could we get the powers that be in each department to learn about blogs, set them up, and maintain them for SB staff to use as another way to improve our teaching? Blogs would allow me to take part in discussions when I have time since I can't attend after school sessions because I have after school commitments every night.